Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Conducts occupational therapy treatments under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist. Effectively communicates and collaborates with patients, families and members of the healthcare team.
- May complete components of patient evaluations as allowed by PA State Practice Act; provides occupational therapy interventions based upon the plan of care written by an occupational therapist utilizing standard, and possibly specialized, occupational therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the age and condition of the patient.
- Completes documentation to comply with department, hospital, and regulatory standards.
- Participates in departmental initiatives for operational improvement including mentoring new COTAs and participating in committees and educational offerings.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current state licensure as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant or eligible.
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) from National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Current driver’s license may be required.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org