Hm Health Solutions Inc.
Job Description :
Perform professional accounting work involving compilation, consolidation, and analysis of accounting and finance information for the production of financial statements and reports. Applies accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions. Specific duties vary by department and may include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following: preparation of journal entries, fixed asset or inventory accounting, preparation of trial balance or financial statements, cost accounting, bank account reconciliations, accurate tracking and recording various income and expense activity and suspense account items, proper tracking and recording of receivables, etc.
1. Applies accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions.
2. Prepares financial and business-related analysis.
3. Classifies, examines, and analyzes accounting records and prepares related financial reports and statements.
4. May serve on or lead project teams for special projects.
5. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
6. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor Degree
- Experience with PC-based spreadsheet and data processing applications
- Accounting experience.
- 5-10 years of relevant, progressive accounting experience.
- Education in accounting or a related field
- Experience with PC-based spreadsheet and data processing applications, heavy concentration with Microsoft excel (formatting, calculations, pivot tables)
- Experience with bookkeeping, collections and/or cash posting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possesses and applies a broad and in-depth knowledge of the concepts, principles, practices and processes of the specific field or discipline. Possesses significant expertise to complete complex assignments and ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems. Makes decisions that refine and improve known practices or develops new approaches.
- Assignments are broad in scope and require depth of knowledge as well as ingenuity and originality. Solves complex problems often taking a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Client focused with strong business acumen.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically and act proactively to create strong trust and confidence with business units.
- Strong innovative problem-solving capabilities.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? No
Is Travel Required? No
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org