Job Description :
Carnegie Science Center recently recognized the achievement of Highmark Health’s VITAL Innovation Platform. The VITAL Team was pleased to receive Carnegie’s Science Center’s 2019 award for ‘Corporate Innovation’.
This is a great opportunity to join an award winning team that is propelling new healthcare solutions into the marketplace. VITAL develops the evidence that is needed to support new innovations. The process is focused and built to achieve results quickly. Our team is experienced and passionate about producing results.
This job will be responsible for supporting the VITAL program. Key responsibilities will include helping to identify and vet potential VITAL projects, helping physicians design the trials, performing the analytic work to support the development of the projects, and to work across the organization to build buy-in to the projects.
- Responsible for assisting with the identification and vetting of potential VITALS projects that meet key organizational metrics and business goals.
- Working with key physicians to develop project design and do required analytics to build broad based VITALS project support.
- Working with the Organization’s stakeholders to build buy-in for the projects.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s Degree-Business, or related disciplines such as biological sciences
Master’s Degree – MBA, MPH, MD, MS, PhD
- 2+ years’ work experience post graduate degree, with some exposure to innovation or healthcare related fields, OR
- 5+ years’ work experience, with some exposure to innovation or healthcare related fields.
- Experience around the research setting, preferably clinical research
- Experience in payer, hospital system, or care delivery industry
- Experience influencing change in complex organizational system
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to solve complex conceptual and operational problems; potential ability to lead teams in problem-solving exercises
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills Demonstrated influencing, and teamwork skills
- Basic project management skills
- Strong emotional intelligence, with servant leadership mind-set
- Commitment to self-development and the development of others
0% -25% – Travels regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Teaches/Trains Others Regularly
Employee Referral code: 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org